What is a Try-it-Out?
A Try-It-Out Session is a chance to give mountain biking a try, whether it's your first time or you just want to meet other racers!
Meet MN League coaches at a trail. Bring your friends. Bring your own bike (or borrow one of the awesome demo bikes available from the MN High School Cycling League). The coaches provide basic instruction depending on your experience level, check equipment, and get you riding.
There are several Try-it-Out sessions scheduled at various locations during the summer. Teams outside of the metro area can request a try-it-out session by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Participate
- Register for a scheduled Try-It-Out session here. Be sure Indicate if you will need a loaner bike as we have a limited selection
- WAIVER; Download a Participation Waiver to bring to the Session. Waiver must be signed by parent or guardian. (Waiver Forms will also be available at the trail).
- Arrive at the trail location at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session with your equipment (see below) for checkin.
What to Expect
- Each Rider arrives at the location with a parent/guardian, at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Parent/Guardian will bring, or sign on site, a participation waiver for the rider
- Every Rider
- will bring a bike/helmet, or have previously requested a loaner bike when registering for the session
- will wear closed-toe shoes (required)
- will bring protective glasses or sun glasses
- can bring a snack for themselves and insect repellent (optional)
- Water will be available at the starting location
- For the 1st 30 Minutes, Coaches will
- Check in registered riders
- Collect the Parent-signed waiver
- Talk to riders and Families
- Check required rider equipment: Helmet, closed-toed shoes
- Loaner Bikes will be distributed at the location (if requested during registration)
- Loaner Helmets will be available
- Do a Quick Bike check
- Provide basic instruction depending on your experience level
- Discuss the ride
- The actual ride will take about 60 minutes
There will be approximately 10 student riders to a coach, including at least one female coach
2018 Try-it-Out Schedule
Registration Begins April 30 (LINK COMING)
You will register for a session and if needed, a loaner bike
All sessions are Wednesdays at 6PM. Show up 15 minutes early for Check-in
- June 6 - Carver Lake Park
- June 20 - Salem Hills
- June 27 - Elm Creek
- July 11 - Carver Lake Park
Questions? Contact Joel Woodward at email@example.com