MN Leaders' Summit 201 - Returning Coaches
Intermediate Mountain Biking Youth Coaching
Sat May 5 - Sun May 6, 2018
The primary goal for the 2018 Leaders' Summit 201 is to provide continued training for people who have completed a Leaders’ Summit and MTB 101 or OTBS 101 in the past. Returning coaches, assistant coaches or ride leaders who are interested in fulfilling their NICA requirements, or are ready to upgrade to a higher level of training, should attend this event.
Preview the presentation which will be reviewed at the summit! Click here: NICA Student-Athlete Coaching Philosophy.
- Completion of the 1-day summit completes 5 of the 9 CEU’s required over a 3 year period.
- Complete part of the NICA Coach Level 2 and 3 requirements.
- Complete the NICA Leader Summit 1 Day requirement - part of the NICA Coach Level 3 requirements.
In addition to offering coaching instruction, attendees will also learn more about:
- Stretching and Strength Training for young mountain bikers
- Nutrition for young athletes
- Goal Setting and Coach Evaluations to develop strong teams
- Coaching Scenarios and Finding your Coach Philosophy: Small Group Discussions
- On the Bike Skills (OTBS) 201 Training.
This second skills clinic offers more advanced skills and progressions of the fundamentals which were taught in OTBS 101. These skills will offer you tools for working with your more riders and offering the next level of skills instruction.
READY POSITION PROGRESSION - Wedging
BRAKING PROGRESSION - Pressure Control
BRAKING PROGRESSION - Descending Dismount
CLIMBING PROGRESSION - Climbing Dismount
CLIMBING PROGRESSION - Climbing Restart
CORNERING PROGRESSION - Counterbalance and Rotation
BASIC FRONT WHEEL LIFT
BASIC REAR WHEEL LIFT
Prerequisites for OTBS 201:
- Completion of either MTB 101 or OTBS 101
- Attendance at the new coaches or returning coaches’ leaders' summits
OTBS 201 Attendees will need to bring their own bike and helmet.
Still not sure which Leaders' Summit to attend?
Both of the Leaders' Summit events will be filled with valuable information to help get you prepare for the coming season. Below are a few points to help resolve which summit coaches and volunteers should attend:
Any additional questions, please contact Joel Woodward, MN League Coach Manager, directly via email: email@example.com.
Saturday May 5, 2018
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM Check-in, Bagels/Coffee
- 8:30 - 1:00 PM: Sessions
- 1:00 - 1:30 PM: Lunch Provided
- 1:30 - 5:30 PM: Break Out Sessions or OTBS 201 Saturday Session
Sunday May 6 - OPTIONAL
OTBS training classes only
- 8:00 AM - Noon: OTBS 201 AM Session
- 1:00 - 5:00 PM: OTBS 201 PM Session
When registering, pick a time slot for one of the three OTBS 201 sessions.
OTBS 201 attendees need to bring their bike and helmet.
- $45 if registering before March 31, 2018.
- $50 after March 31, 2018.
Includes: Saturday lunch, snacks and beverages
Quality Bicycle Products (QBP)
6400 W. 105th Street
Bloomington, MN 55438