MN Leaders' Summit 201 - Returning Coaches
INTERMEDIATE YOUTH COACHING FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING
Sat. May 5, 2018 +
Sun. May 6, 2018 (Optional day for OTBS 201 Training)
Quality Bicycle Products (QBP)
6400 W. 105th Street
Bloomington, MN 55438
Cost: $45 if register before March 31, 2018. $50 after March 31, 2018.
Meals: Lunch, snacks and beverages on Saturday are included in the registration fee!
Note: All coaches that have completed either MTB 101 or OTBS 101 and have attended the new coaches or returning coaches’ leaders' summits may take OTBS 201 training at the summit.
Note: When registering, select one time slot for the OTBS 201 session. There are 3 time slots available during the summit.
The primary goal for the 2018 Leaders' Summit 201 is to provide continued training for people who have completed a Leaders’ Summit and MTB 101 or OTBS 101 in the past. Returning coaches, assistant coaches or ride leaders who are interested in fulfilling their NICA requirements, or are ready to upgrade to a higher level of training should attend this event.
- Completion of the 1-day summit completes 5 of the 9 CEU’s required over a 3 year period.
- Complete part of the NICA Coach Level 2 and 3 requirements. Preview the Presentation which will be reviewed at the summit: NICA Student-Athlete Coaching Philosophy
- Complete the NICA Leader Summit 1 Day requirement - part of the NICA Coach Level 3 requirements.
In addition to offering coaching instruction, attendees will also learn more about:
- Stretching and Strength Training for young mountain bikers
- Nutrition for young athletes
- Goal Setting and Coach Evaluations to develop strong teams
- Coaching Scenarios and Finding your Coach Philosophy: Small Group Discussions
- Ride Leading 101: Guiding Essentials
In addition to classroom sessions, On the Bike Skills (OTBS) 201 Training will be part of the curriculum. Attendees will need to bring their mountain bikes and helmets for this on-bike required skills training. OTBS 201 offers progressions on the fundamental skills taught in OTBS 101.
This second skills clinic offers more advanced skills and progressions of the fundamentals which were taught in OTBS 101. These skills will offer you tools for working with your more riders and offering the next level of skills instruction.
When registering, select a time slot for the OTBS 201 session.
There are 3 time slots available on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday Schedule - May 5
- 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM Check-in, Bagels/Coffee
- 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM: Sessions
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM: Lunch Provided
- 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM: OTBS 201 or Break Out Sessions
Sunday Schedule - May 6
We will only be holding OTBS training classes on this day.
- 8:00 AM -Noon: OTBS 201 Morning Session
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: OTBS 201 Afternoon Session
NOTE: When registering, there will be an option to pick a time slot for the OTBS 201 session.