GRiT MN is an outreach program of the MN High School Cycling League focused on recruiting and retaining female athletes, coaches, ride leaders and volunteers.
GRiT MN goals are to:
- inspire young women to build confidence, strength of character, and empowerment through off-road cycling
- increase female athlete participation rates in the league by introducing girls to the sport of off-road cycling
- provide a fun and welcoming sisterhood for female athletes – beginners through veteran riders
- provide role models for female athletes through increasing women involved in leadership roles with the league – coaches, assistant coaches, ride leaders and volunteers.
New in 2019
Monthly Meet & Greets are being scheduled for women interested in learning more about the GRiT Program, volunteering with events - both on and off bike events, event planning, execution and race day tent activities. In order for off-season events and a variety of race day activities to come to life, committed volunteers are needed. Your support, feedback and ideas are an integral part of GRiT MN, and we look forward to working with you!
Race Day Tent Activities
- Volunteer to assist and ensure there is a GRiT booth at each race weekend for both days. With two-day racing starting in 2019, more volunteers will be needed.
- Better Yet, Volunteer to plan and run a race day tent activity on Saturday or Sunday (or both) and to run the tent and own a race weekend. We would love to use the great ideas of Moms, female athletes, team supporters and parents/guardians
- Outcome: More individuals, more teams, and more ideas expand female athlete involvement in the GRiT Community.
GRiT Jersey! We are currently working with Podiumwear on a jersey design specifically for GRiT MN! Once this is available for order, we will push out via social media and email.
GRiT Skills Clinic! Is your team has interest in having GRiT come to run a skills clinic in May - July?
- WHO: Moms/guardians/ female team supporters that want get involved as bike volunteers with the team
- WHY: If you are newer to mountain biking this is a great chance to learn some fundamental skills to increase abilities and confidence on the trail
- HOW? Contact GRiT at email@example.com to discuss scheduling a GRiT Skills Clinic.
Make sure you are following us on Instagram (NICAGRiTMN) and Facebook (NICA GRiT Minnesota).
Sign up for the GRiT email list for volunteer opportunities, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing GRiT MN Activities
- Try It Out Sessions
- GRiT Practices – coaches can request a special GRiT practice for their female athletes. Experienced female mountain bike coaches can run a fun practice/ride or a mountain bike skills session.
- GRiT Pre-Rides and Social Events
- GRiT Tent Activities on Race Days
GRiT MN and Try It Out!
Are you. . . .
- thinking about mountain biking but not sure if it’s your thing?
- a beginner rider and would like the hear more about mountain biking and ride with other girls?
- a current rider and want to share your experiences to encourage more girls to join?
- a current rider and want to bring a friend to show her how great it is?
Well, then come and join GRiT MN at a Try It Out Session!
At all the MN High School Cycling League Try It Out Sessions there will be experienced female mountain bike coaches to show female athletes the basics about mountain biking and guide them through a mountain bike ride.
Meet other female riders, go over some basic skills, then take a ride with other girls in a fun, comfortable environment. Register for a Try it Out Session. Bring your own bike or use one a demo bike provided by the MN High School Cycling League that you reserved during registration. Meet in the parking lot. Look for the MN High School League trailer.
GRiT MN Pre-Ride Events
We are looking to host GRiT Pre-Ride and Social Events at a few of the races this season.
Updates to follow in late Summer.
Where is GRiT at the Races?
Checkout the GRiT Tent at each race in the Infield.
Questions or Suggestions? Do you have other ideas of events you’d like to see? Email Nicole Butler GRiT MN Director.
What Can You Do To Help?
Spread the word! about the MN High School Cycling League to all the girls and women you know! Tell them about the GRiT MN events. Direct them to the GRiT Facebook Page, the MN High School Cycling Facebook Page or to the MN High School Cycling League website.
Want to stay connected with the latest news?
Join the MN League Single Track Times newsletter today!
For real time updates
Questions? Email Nicole GRiT MN Director.
Who is part of the GRiT MN Sisterhood?
Too Young for the League?
Do you know a girl who may be interested in mountain biking but is too young to be part of the league? GRiT has some suggestions!
GRiT 2019 Calendar
Don't miss anything!
January 30th, 6:30-9pm GRiT and Women’s Cycling Advocacy at QBP in Bloomington, MN
- Wörcc (Women’s Offroad Cycling Congress): The Twin Cities Congress
- View the FB invite for details and to reserve a ticket.
February 28th, 6-8pm - Save the Date
- February GRiT Meet & Greet.
- Meet & Greets will be scheduled monthly.
February - April: GRiT events/educational activities with community partners
Thursday Starting in Late April, GRiT Group Rides for female athletes and coaches, moms, and other team supporters. Details to Follow