RACE #6 – Spirit Mountain Sat/Sun. Oct. 12-13, 2019
RACE DESCRIPTION: With a beautiful view from the top of Spirit Mountain, the race course winds its way down the face of hill to some sweet single track at the bottom. The 3.8 mile course has the view and the trails that the racers will enjoy. To get back to the finish line lots of climbing will be required but not too difficult.
The course will be closed to all riders for the weekend. The course is open to authorized MN League riders only during Pre-Ride and during specified races. The rest of the trails in the Bike Park will be open, weather permitting.
TRAIL ADDRESS: 9500 Spirit Mountain Pl, Duluth, MN 55810
DIRECTIONS: From the south, follow I-35W N and I-35 N to W Skyline Pkwy in Proctor. Take exit 249 from I-35 N. Follow W Skyline Pkwy to Spirit Mountain Pl in Duluth.
PARKING: Be sure to follow parking signs, the direction of the parking volunteers, and view designated parking areas on the new interactive map.
Consult the Spirit Mountain Recreation Area Website for more information and camping registration for MN Mountain Bike High School League Race Camping on October 11th & 12th.
We need your help! Parents, spectators and racers. Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up today on Volunteer Spot!
To volunteer on the day of a race, stop by the Volunteer tent beside the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY SUPPORT
(TBD) will be available (dates) to provide last minute adjustments and repairs.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #6:
Tuesday 10/8/19 at 11:59PM, the Pit Zone closes for online race registration for Race #6. A late fee will apply to all onsite registration.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered (once per season)
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone
- MN League Fee Paid
- SuperPass purchased by Aug 15 or Individual Race Fee paid.
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the Wave Reference list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Coach on Duty : The acting COD for your team is expected to be onsite at the venue and available without delay to be contacted by race officials from pre-ride, during the races and until the race results are finalized. View the Current Roster. Use the online update Form or Report Coach on Duty Updates to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (FB Coaches Page or a map near the reg trailer).
- Report Last Minute Coach on Duty Updates for this race to the Referee at the SHIMANO tent.
- Race Day Saturday, 12:00 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Race Day Sunday, 8:30AM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather conditions.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent before or during their race.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the SHIMANO Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
We need your help! Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up before the race on Volunteer Spot!
Online volunteer registration closes at 7PM the evening before a race. To volunteer on the day of a race, stop by the Volunteer tent beside the Registration Trailer.
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– A Concession stand will be on site.
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
- Download ITS YOUR RACE app
- Find “Minnesota MTB”
- Select a race category
Regarding ITS YOUR RACE Results: Preliminary timing results only; Penalties/scoring rules may not be reflected; Info changes during the race: Internet status affects the info availability.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #6:
Tuesday 10/8/19 at Midnight
At this date and time, online registration in the Pit Zone will close for online race registration.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee.
- Saturday from 9:00am – 4:00PM
- Sunday from 7:00am – 1:00pm
All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
2019 Race Fees
MN League Registration Fee
– $100 Paid Once Online
– $110 Paid Once if paid Onsite (includes late fee)
MN Race Fee, Per Race
– $50 Paid Online by Midnight Tuesday prior to race
– $60 Paid Onsite (Includes $10 Late Fee)
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate from their coach with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. For those who were registered in the correct division and category before August 1, the rider’s name may be printed on their initial plate.
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- For each race, secure the number plate to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- Attach a matching number plate to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip. Do not leave the number plate on a car’s bike-rack.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (you must allow 1 hr to replace a plate).
- If you don’t receive a number plate from your coach, visit the Registration Trailer for assistance.
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
- New Rider registration occurs online in the Pit Zone, rather than in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc).
- There is also fee for each race. Register online in the Pit Zone before Midnight on the Tuesday of Race week, or Pay the race fee onsite at the registration trailer including a late fee. Riders who bought the SuperPass before August 15, 2019, have already paid for all races.
- To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)
We recommend that all racers pre-ride the course.
Riders should pass any workers on the course with great care.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
5 PM – Setup complete
Evening –Pit Zone assignments are posted online
Saturday Non-Race Activities
9 AM – Pre-ride begins
12 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting
12:15 PM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
1 PM – Pre-ride closes
1 PM – 4PM Framed Skills Challenge
Saturday Racing – Middle School
Sunday – Non-Race Activities
7:30 AM – Pre-ride opens
8:30 AM – Mandatory Coaches meeting
8:45 AM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
9:30 AM – Pre-ride closes
Sunday Racing – High School
(*Lap counts below may be changed to fit the category time window)
1:33 PM – Girls JV3 Start (3 Laps*)
1:36 PM – Girls JV2/Freshman Start (2 Laps*)