RACE #4 – Riverfalls Wisconsin
Sat/Sun. Sept. 28-29, 2018
RACE TRAIL DESCRIPTION:
The course at White Tail Ridge is as textbook an old school XC course and offers our rider the classic conundrum of sustained mid length climbs to really fill the legs with lactate and rooted, rocky, and twisty single track to navigate with jelly legs and hypoxic tunnel vision. The challenge here is self management. Measured effort on the climbs is the key so you can maintain tempo over choppy and swooping single track. This course favors those that race within themselves.
All trails on White Tail Ridge are closed to all riders for the weekend, The course is open to authorized MN League riders only during Pre-Ride and during specified races.
RACE TRAIL LOCATION/DIRECTIONS:
Whitetail Ridge Corporate Park 434-674 Highland Dr., River Falls, WI 54022
DIRECTIONS: Take 94E from the twin cities into Wisconsin, then take exit 3 for Hwy 35 South. Take the Main Street Exit. Turn Right onto Paulson Road. Follow Paulson Road along the highway and take a left onto Highland Dr. Look for the race course on the left hand side of the road.
Be sure to follow the direction of the parking volunteers and respect all parking signs. Review the parking map which identifies the designated parking areas. – Note: the red areas on the map indicate where parking is not allowed.
– Parking is not allowed on the infield but is available on the streets and in the designated parking areas.
– There is no overnight parking on surrounding streets.
– Do not block driveways.
Restricted Parking Areas in Nearby Company Lots:
Respect and follow signs for where parking is CLOSED OR ALLOWED.
– Air Motion Systems – Restricted Parking. Follow Signs.
– O’Keefe – Restricted Parking, Follow Signs and No Parking in the back lot at all!
– BioDiagnostics – No Parking at all in their lot over the weekend!
RV and Camper Parking:
– Park on the street past the Minnesota Rubber driveway (South side only).
– Park on the East side of the street across from Air Motion Systems.
– Do not block driveways.
We need your help! Parents, spectators ad racers. Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up today on Volunteer Spot!
RACE DAY SUPPORT
(TBD) will be available (dates) to provide last minute adjustments and repairs.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE
Tuesday 9/24/19 at Midnight. Pit Zone closes for online race registration for Race #4. A late fee will apply to all onsite registration.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
FM SIMULCAST: We live broadcast each race on FM Radio.
- Bring a portable FM receiver to keep up with the racing action and hear announcements when you are out of range of the PA system.
- Exact frequencies will be announced at each venue.
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered (once per season)
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone
- MN League Fee Paid
- SuperPass purchased by Aug 15 or Individual Race Fee paid.
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Category Change Petitions: Must be submitted by Midnight on the Monday before the next race. The petitioned rider needs to be able to complete at least two races in their new category.
Coach on Duty : The acting COD for your team is expected to be onsite at the venue and available without delay to be contacted by race officials from pre-ride, during the races and until the race results are finalized. View the Current Roster. Use the online update Form or Report Coach on Duty Updates to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (FB Coaches Page or a map near the reg trailer).
- Report Last Minute Coach on Duty Updates for this race to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
- Race Day Saturday, 12:00 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Race Day Sunday, 8:30AM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather conditions.
- Report Last Minute Updates to Race Day Team 1st/Backup Contacts to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent before or during their race.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
We need your help! Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up before the race on Volunteer Spot!
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– A Concession stand will be on site.
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
Note regarding Race Results from the online app: It’s your Race.
These are immediate timing results only. Penalties and scoring rules may not be reflected. Data will change throughout the race. Internet status affects the availability and updates of data.
REAL TIME RACE RESULTS APP
Download to your phone.
- Download ITS YOUR RACE app
- Find “Minnesota MTB”
- Select a race category
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #4:
Tuesday 9/24/18 at Midnight
At this date and time, online registration in the Pit Zone will close for online race registration.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee.
- Saturday from 12:00pm – 4:00PM
- Sunday from 7:00am – 1:00pm
All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
2019 Race Fees
MN League Registration Fee
– $100 Paid Once Online
– $110 Paid Once if paid Onsite (includes late fee)
MN Race Fee, Per Race
– $50 Paid Online by Midnight Tuesday prior to race
– $60 Paid Onsite (Includes $10 Late Fee)
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate from their coach with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. For those who were registered in the correct division and category before August 1, the rider’s name may be printed on their initial plate.
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- For each race, secure the number plate to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- Attach a matching number plate to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip. Do not leave the number plate on a car’s bike-rack.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (you must allow 1 hr to replace a plate).
- If you don’t receive a number plate from your coach, visit the Registration Trailer for assistance.
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
- New Rider registration occurs online in the Pit Zone, rather than in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc).
- There is also fee for each race. Register online in the Pit Zone before Midnight on the Tuesday of Race week, or Pay the race fee onsite at the registration trailer including a late fee. Riders who bought the SuperPass before August 15, 2019, have already paid for all races.
- To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)
We recommend that all racers pre-ride the course.
Riders should pass any workers on the course with great care.
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
5 PM – Setup complete
Evening –Pitzone assignments are posted online
Saturday Non-Race Activities
9 AM – Pre-ride begins
12 PM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting
12:15 PM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
1 PM – Pre-ride closes
1 PM – 4PM Framed Skills Challenge
Saturday Racing – Middle School
Sunday – Non-Race Activities
7:30 AM – Pre-ride opens
8:30 AM – Mandatory Coaches meeting
8:45 AM – Last Pre-ride rider is allowed on the course
9:30 AM – Pre-ride closes
Sunday Racing – High School
1:33 PM – Girls JV3 Start (3 Laps)
1:36 PM – Girls JV2/Freshman Start (2 Laps)