RACE #3 – Gamehaven
Sun. Sept. 16, 2018
RACE DESCRIPTION: Set in the majestic rolling hills south of Rochester, Gamehaven offers a unique set of single track specifically designed for racing. Lots of passing opportunities throughout 3.7 miles of primarily wooded single track with bluff and vista views overlooking Gamehaven Lake.
TRAIL ADDRESS: Gamehaven Scout Reservation, 5015 Simpson Rd SE, Rochester, MN 55904
DIRECTIONS: Located on the Gamehaven Boy Scout Reservation in Rochester, MN. The trail is just south of Rochester, take US Hwy 52 S to the trail.
PARKING: Parking will be available in Gamehaven Scout Parking lot. No driving in the pit zone!
We need your help! Parents, spectators and racers. Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up today on Volunteer Spot!
RACE DAY SUPPORT – Sunday Only:
Penn Cycle Mechanics will be at the race using Park Tool products to provide last minute adjustments and repairs.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE #3:
Tuesday 9/11/18 at Midnight. Pit Zone closes for online race registration for Race #3. A late fee will apply to all onsite registration.
NEED A RACE FLYER?
Flyers are not available at the race. Print this page. The Best Print Layout? Portrait Style with narrow margins.
“BEFORE” RACE-DAY UPDATES
Any changes will be announced on the MN High School League Facebook Page
RACE DAY UPDATES VIA TEXT
Subscribe to Rained Out App for Race Day Updates
Text MNMTBLEAGUE to 84483 to sign up.
WHICH TEAMS ARE RACING?
See which teams will be racing at each race. Team Bye-Weeks Chart
RACE DAY KIOSK:
Questions once you get to the race? Stop by our Race Day Information Kiosk for the latest on race day schedules, updates and results. Located near the Registration Trailer.
RACE DAY PREPARATION
RACE READY CHECKLIST:
In order to race, each racer needs to be Race Ready in the Pit Zone.
- Pit Zone information entered
- MN League and Race Fee paid
- Release forms completed electronically in the Pit Zone (once per season)
Each racer is expected to know their category and wave for their race. This information will help them go to the correct staging location prior to their race.
Racers can ask their coaches or view the list available near the Registration Trailer on race day for this information. If a racer misses their call-up to the staging area, they will have to stage at the back of their wave or at the back of the next wave.
BEFORE RACE WEEKEND:
Category Change Petitions: Must be submitted by Midnight on the Monday before the next race. The MN League will not accept Category Change Petitions during a race weekend. Petitions are no longer accepted after Race 3.
RACE DAY REMINDERS:
- Set up your team tents in your pre-assigned tent space – (FB Coaches Page or a map near the reg trailer).
- Sunday, 7:30AM – Mandatory Coaches Meeting near Registration Trailer
- Final lap count decision per category will be announced at the start of each race. Lap Count may change due to weather conditions.
- Report Last Minute Updates to Race Day Team 1st/Backup Contacts to the Referee at the Maxxis tent.
- Report riders who are not racing as “Did Not Start/DNS” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent before or during their race.
- Report riders who did not finish the race as “Did Not Finish/DNF” to the Referee at the Maxxis Tent during or after the race.
- Coaches have a short window to register a protest once the preliminary results of each race are posted. Race results will be final once all protests are completed. No protests are accepted after the race day.
We need your help! Help make the races happen. Review the list of available race day volunteer positions or sign up before the race on Volunteer Spot!
NEW TO THE MN LEAGUE?
Check out our MN League Race FAQs regarding race site, racer info, spectator info, and terminology
– Drones are prohibited at all Minnesota High School Cycling League Events
– A Concession stand will be on site.
– No gasoline generators inside the team pit area, and no open fires.
– No dogs off-leash.
– Be considerate of our venue and use the trash receptacles.
- Preliminary Race Results will be posted at the Race Information Kiosk near the Registration Trailer approximately 30 minutes after the last rider has completed the race. Once the announcement is made that results are posted, this is the start of a short Protest Period, where COACHES may contest the results with the MN League Referee. No protests are accepted after the race day.
- Race results will be final once all protests are completed.
- Final Race Results will be posted to the MN League website (usually by end of day Tuesday following a race).
Note regarding Race Results from the online app: It’s your Race.
These are immediate timing results only. Penalties and scoring rules may not be reflected. Data will change throughout the race. Internet status affects the availability and updates of data.
REAL TIME RACE RESULTS APP
Download to your phone.
- Download ITS YOUR RACE app
- Find “Minnesota MTB”
- Select a race category
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE For RACE 3:
Tuesday 9/11/18 at Midnight
At this date and time, online registration in the Pit Zone will close for online race registration.
REGISTER ON RACE WEEKEND:
The registration trailer will be open to process race fees and accept waiver submissions. All onsite registration includes a $10 late fee.
- Saturday from 12:00pm – 4:00PM
- Sunday from 7:00am – 1:00pm
All racers must register at least one hour prior to their race start time.
Waivers with parental signature can be submitted.
Cash, Credit Cards or Checks made payable to “MN League” are accepted.
|2018 Racing Fees||Pay Online by Tuesday Midnight||Pay at Race|
|MN League Registration Fee*||$50||$50 + $10 Late Fee = $60|
|MN League Race Fee, Per Race||$40||$50 + $10 Late Fee = $50|
|*Note: MN League Registration Fee is only paid once for the season, not at every race.|
All registered racers receive a permanent number plate with a pre-installed chip on the back at the beginning of the season. See your coach to obtain your number plate. Independent riders can obtain their plate from the Registration Trailer..
- Each racer will use the same number plate for the entire season.
- The number plate is secured to the front handle bars of the bike for pre-ride and for the race.
- A matching number plate is attached to the back of a rider’s jersey, just above the waist.
- Remove and protect the number plates after each race, taking care not to damage the chip.
- Replacement number plates are available at Registration for $35 (must allow 1 hr to replace a plate).
Questions on how to REGISTER for a RACE?
New Rider registration occurs online in the Pitzone, rather than in person at the race. Once registration for the MN League is complete (Waivers, Emergency Contacts, Insurance Info, etc), there is a fee for each race. Race fees can be paid all at once or one-at-a-time. Be aware that registering on race day includes a late fee.
To access Pitzone, every rider needs to be invited to register in the Pit Zone online.
– Contact your Team Director or Head Coach to be invited.
– Independent riders request an invite to Pitzone via email.
WHO CAN PRE-RIDE?
- Only riders who have registered and have race numbers displayed on their bikes.
- 6th Graders are allowed to Pre-Ride with 6th Grade Plates.
- Registered Coaches with Coach Plates (Provided by the Head Coach)
We recommend that all racers pre-ride the course.
Riders should pass any workers on the course with great care.
*Schedule may change due to weather and trail conditions
|1:00PM – Pre-Ride Opens|
|3:15PM – No more Riders allowed to start the course|
|4:00PM – Pre-Ride Ends|
|NOTE: There will be no pre-ride on Sunday, Sept. 16th.|
RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
Check Back as Schedule may Change.
|Day Before the Race|
|1:00 PM||– Onsite Registration Opens
– Pre-Ride Starts
|3:15 PM||– No Riders allowed to start pre-ride after 3:15PM|
|4:00 PM||– Onsite Registration Closes
– Pre-Ride Ends
|6:45 AM||Race Day Registration Opens|
|7:30 AM||Coaches Meeting|
|Start Time||Middle School Race|
|7:00 AM||End of Middle School Onsite Registration|
|7:45 AM||Middle School Staging Begins||Waves 1 Minute Apart|
|8:00 AM||8th Grade Boys D1 – Plates 2301-2450||1 lap|
|8:15 AM||8th Grade Boys D2 – Plates 2101-2275||1 lap|
|8:30 AM||7th Grade Boys D1 – Plates 3301-3450||1 lap|
|8:45 AM||7th Grade Boys D2 – Plates 3101-3250||1 lap|
|9:00 AM||8th Grade Girls – Plates 2001-2075||1 lap|
|9:15 AM||7th Grade Girls – Plates 3001-3075||1 lap|
|Start Time||Frosh Boys Race||*Lap Count May Change|
|8:30 AM||End of Frosh Boys Onsite Registration|
|9:15 AM||Staging for Frosh Boys Race||Waves 1 Minute Apart|
|9:30AM||Frosh Boys D1 – Plates 7001-7250||2 laps|
|10:30 AM||Frosh Boys D2 – Plates 6001-6250||2 laps|
|Start Time||JV2 Boys Races||*Lap Count May Change|
|10:30 AM||End of JV2 Boys D1 Onsite Registration|
|11:15 AM||Staging for JV2 Boys D1 Race||Waves 1 Minute Apart|
|11:30 AM||JV2 Boys D1 – Plates 5001-5250||2 laps|
|11:30 AM||End of JV2 Boys D2 Registration|
|12:15 PM||Staging for JV2 Boys D2 Race||Waves 1 Minute Apart|
|12:30 PM||JV2 Boys D2 – Plates 4001-4250||2 laps|
|Start Time||Girls Race||*Lap Count May Change|
|12:30PM||End of Girls Race Onsite Registration|
|1:15 PM||Staging for Girls Race||Races 3 Minutes Apart|
|1:30 PM||– Varsity Girls – Plates 1-50
– JV3 Girls – Plates 201-250
– JV2 Girls/Frosh Girls – Plates 501-585, 1001-1075
|Start Time||Varsity/JV3 Race||*Lap Count May Change|
|2:00PM||End of Varsity/JV3 Boys Onsite Registration|
|2:45 PM||Staging for Varsity/JV3 Boys Race||Races 3 Minutes Apart
Waves 1 Minute Apart
|3:00 PM||-Varsity Boys – Plates 101 – 180
-JV3 Boys – Plates 301-450
|End of Race Day|
|by 4:30 PM||Racing is Complete, Tear Down|
|5:00 PM||Awards Ceremony|