Skilled and dedicated MN League coaches are the most important aspect of MN League high school mountain bike teams. A MN League coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. MN League coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively work to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become a MN League coach.
- We have several teams already established you could volunteer for – a great way to get a first-hand look at what managing a team is like.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed.
- We offer comprehensive training at our Leaders’ Summit events (April and June).
- NICA coaches manuals provide detailed coaching instructions. (These are provided if you attend a Leaders’ Summit.)
- Check out the Educational Resources provided by NICA. Their free webinars are very useful – ranging from information on the NICA Rulebook to How to Start and Manage a HS Team. Fall League Webinar Series Schedule
Be sure to sign up for the MN League Newsletter and stay up to date on MN League events, clinics, camps and news!
How do I get started?
All coaches are required to obtain a MN League Coaches License at one of four levels:
1. General Volunteer
2. Ride Leader
3. Assistant Coach
4. Head Coach
The path to becoming a MN League coach generally begins with volunteering for a local team, or attending a Leaders’ Summit.
Click here to learn which license level works best for your needs.