The CALLUP list shows the order of all riders for a given race category and race date.
The CALLUP list will change for the each race, based on the overall performance of the rider throughout the season.
The assures the faster riders in the category go off at the beginning of the wave. Slower riders can move up as they acquire the skills and endurance needed for a faster race.
The callup list is published to the Coaches on Thursday’s before the race weekend.
Race categories with more than 50 racers will be split into equally sized waves. In addition to Call-up order, the wave number for each racer is identified in the Call-up List. Each racer is required to know the wave they are racing in when they report to Staging. Racing in the correct wave is required to calculate the correct race time for each racer.
- As the Callup List is created, Bye weeks are taken into account, so a racer from a team in their bye-week will not be included in the Callup List..
- For the first race, the Call-up List is based on last years results. Racers with no race history from last year will be placed at the end of the Call-up list in a randomized manner with other racers without race history.
- For the following races, racers with no race finishes in the current season will be placed at the end of the Call-up List, in a randomized manner with other racers with no current season race history.
- On-site registrants who are assigned a new number plate at a race will be placed at the back of the last wave.
- During staging, if a racer misses their call-up, they will be placed at the end of the wave they were assigned in the Call-up List. If a racer starts in the wrong wave, they must report the start wave to the referee.