The Minnesota High School Cycling League will stage 6 regular season races and 1 state championship event in the 2018 fall season.
Regular League Season: 6 races will be two day events starting in 2019. Both Days will include a Pre-Ride and an Awards Ceremony. Detailed Schedules will be available soon.
State Championship: This race will be a 2-day event, with pre-ride on Friday and races held on both Saturday and Sunday. As in previous seasons, all teams and racers are invited to participate in the state championship.
Team Racing Season: The racing season for each team will consist of 4 of the 6 regular season races and 1 state championship event. Each team will have two “bye” weeks that are selected by the team coach prior to the start of the racing season. The list of teams racing for a given week will be published as a link on the week’s Race Flyer and can be confirmed online.
"Bye Weeks" allow the MN League riders to race with fewer riders on the course at any regular season race.
- Teams that are fully documented and registered in the pit zone will choose a Bye-week based on their team being drawn at the Leaders' Summit. The first draw requires the team race Race 1 or Race 2. For the 2nd draw, a team can choose 3 additional races from any remaining weeks that have not yet filled to rider count capacity.
- If a team representative coach is unable to attend, the team's head coach should contact the League Director at least one day prior to the start of the Leader Summit.
- Teams registering after June 1 will have the bye-week races assigned by the League Director to insure race participant balance*.
*The League determines Race Participant Balance, using last year’s actual number of participating racers (not current sign ups) per team as criteria.
- New teams will be assigned the “bye” races by the League Director.
Individual racers will be assigned an “bye” races by the League Director.
Each Team will receive a confirmation of their 4 races and the assigned “off” race weeks.
Bye Week Notes:
- No team or individual will be permitted to participate in their assigned “Bye” races.
- “Bye” races cannot be changed or traded by individuals or teams once assigned.
- Callups and Overall Season Scoring take Bye Weeks into account.
- The goal for the future is that a team’s season will remain 4 races and a state championship.
- The Minnesota League will review the number of teams, racers and races annually. The League may add additional league races as needed to ensure a balanced, safe and fair race experience for all.
- This structure is scalable to over 2000 racers, so we do not anticipate any further major changes to the season structure in the coming years.
Last update: Feb 18, 2019